With the Internet as their tool, beauty aficionados have created a vast online community for chatting about cult items, what products are worth the high prices and what you can pass up. Nail polish is among the top items that online beauty addicts collect, carefully stocking their collections with the It colors of the season and keeping a healthy arsenal of basic hues too. Here you’ll find the best of nail polish blogs and nail polish blog posts to help you perfect the manicure in your very own home.
General Nail Polish Blogs
Get the scoop on new releases, limited edition colors and what retailers are stocking the latest and greatest nail polish shades that your collection needs ASAP.
- 1. The Nailphile This nail polish blog teaches you all about polishes that are 3-free and has an extensive section on Konad nail art.
2. Prim and Polished This blog keeps you updated with new collections and releases, plus tips on how to track down the most sought-after colors of the season.
3. Polish Addict While this nail polish blog no longer publishes, it does have a mind boggling number of swatches for you to peruse potential polish shades for hours.
4. Vampy Varnish This blogger reviews and chats about makeup, but her specialty is nail polish. Expect tidbits on new launches at this site.
5. Scrangie At this site you’ll see swatches in many different types of lighting to get the true feel of the hottest nail polishes to hit the market.
6. Lacquerized This nail polish blogger gives an in-depth post over each and every color she swatches and features on the site.
7. All Lacquered Up We love this nail polish blogger because she doesn’t give every polish an ace review, which means you save money when choosing from high end polishes that aren’t worth the money due to the formula.
8. Temptalia This beauty blogger is about makeup most of the time, but she has a healthy section of reviews over nail polishes on both ends of the price spectrum.
9. Charming Nails Use Google Translator to help you read this beauty blog. The blogger has a penchant for creating amazing nail art and will inspire you to do the same.
10. Dr. Frankenpolish This is a brilliant site where the nail polish blogger mixes multiple nail polishes to create her own unique hue. It’s for those who love to experiment and want custom color.
11. Trendy Nail Get nail art tutorials, from simple starter jobs to more complex and elaborate designs.
12. Steph’s Closet We’re mad about this beauty site because the blogger features a myriad of affordable polishes versus those that cost over $20 a bottle!
13. Polish or Perish This nail polish blogger features the occasional frakenpolish and also reviews new collections and colors in depth, so you’ll never end up with two similar hues in your collection.
14. Nail Art World Prepare to be stunned with the creative designs this nail blogger and nail art lover is concocting on her nails.
15. A Polish Problem This blogger showcases nail art and mixed colors that will wow you. It’s a fun blog because it isn’t written with such a formal tone that you forget she’s talking about nail polish (which is the case with many beauty blogs out there).
Nail Polish Blog Posts on Manicures and Pedicures
Knowing how to do your own manicure and pedicure at home will save you loads of cash and time spent waiting at a nail salon. Learn how to make your nails and feet picture perfect with the help of these blog posts and articles.
- 16. Slice – Be a Manicure Master Learn how to master the art of the manicure at home. There’s a list of things needed to achieve the perfect manicure, but remember you’ll be using the items multiple times, making them well worth the investment.
17. Beauty Tips Online – Manicure Learn the expert way to buff and file your nails beautiful.
18. Best in Cosmetics – Manicures This blog post gives you the tricks of the trade for proper nail care.
19. A New Mode – Expert Tips for the Perfect Home Manicure Learn what tools you need to conduct a stellar manicure right in your own home.
20. Nails Guide This site has tips on creating a simple manicure or going regal with a polished French manicure.
21. eHow – How to Give Yourself a French Manicure For those who want to learn the ins-and-outs of creating a perfect French manicure, this article walks you through the technique, step by step.
22. Lipstick Powder ‘N Paint – The Perfect Summer Pedicure at Home Learn how to get your tootsies fit to be seen during the spring and summer months.
23. Women’s Health Mag – Fix Ugly Feet at Home A pedicure isn’t just about your toenails. You want to get your feet in working condition too before revealing them during warm weather.
24. eHow – The Best Home Pedicure Recipes Use all-natural ingredients found in your kitchen to create a relaxing pedicure experience at home.
25. How to French Manicure Toes This article shows you how to make a French manicure on your toes an effortless affair that will live up to getting it done in a salon.
26. Beauty Tips Online – Home Pedicure Tips This article gives you the basics of conducting a pedicure at home without too many bells and whistles.
27. eHow – Home Pedicure Tips You have all of your supplies, now what the heck do you do with them? Learn how to make your pedicure pop with these easy-to-follow tips.
28. Daily Makeover – 3 Ways to Get Super Soft Feet at Home The most impeccable pedicure is nothing if it’s on dry, crusty feet. Learn how to get soft feet at home with this blog post.
29. Woman’s Magazine – How to Get Soft Legs and Feet Naturally Raid your kitchen for these all-natural items that will give you silky feet for the most pristine pedicure you’ve ever had.
Blog Posts on Nail Polish Specialties
If you want to learn about getting your nails Minx-ed, slathered in Shellac or how to get it all off, these are the blog posts and articles for you.
- 30. All Lacquered Up – Bling Your Nails Like Beyonce with Minx Learn about the ultra shiny nail technique that is taking the beauty world by storm.
31. Inspirationail – Minx Nails Here’s an online guide to finding a nail salon that does Minx near you, if you’re in the United States or Canada.
32. StyleIt – The Truth About Minx Nails For all of their hype (and cost), Minx nails aren’t all they’re cracked up to be. Learn what one beauty blogger thinks after having her nails Minx-ed.
33. Beauty Snob – Minx Nails This beauty blogger talks about how difficult it is to remove Minx nails after they’ve started to peel off.
34. All Lacquered Up – Where to Find Shellac This nail polish blog points you in the right direction for finding Shellac products or a salon that offers the service in your area.
35. Nails Magazine – Say Hello to Shellac Find out why busy women everywhere are getting hooked on Shellac and gel nail polishes. In some cases, they last three times as long as the standard manicure.
38. Lisa Eldridge – Shellac Nail Polish: The Verdict Makeup artists Lisa Eldridge gives her opinion of Shellac nail polishes with pictures to show off her manicure, 13 days after she had it done.
39. PurseForum – CND Shellac 2 Week Manicure Shellac can be performed at home, if you have the right tools, including a certain UV lamp and the entire Shellac system (which consists of a base coat, polish color and top coat). Let the brave women of this thread show you how to get the flawless look at home.
Blog Posts on Nail Art
Half-moons, stripes and leopard print on the nails aren’t easy to pull off without some instruction. Here are blog posts that walk you through nail art techniques to perfect your craft.
- 40. Fashion Magazine – The Glittery Moon Manicure Get the scoop on this trendy nail art look that’s featured in runway shows in New York and Paris.
41. Nails Mag – Demos & How-To’s Take a look at some of the hottest nail designs as worn by celebrities and beauty bloggers.
42. Toe Nail Designs If you think nail art is reserved for the finger nails, think again. Look at the amazing artwork being displayed on the toes.
43. Kooky Nails – Step-by-Step for Nail Art Learn the essential tools you need to create a flawless design with ease.
44. Create Magical Nails – Toe Nail Designs Here you’ll find tutorials for nail art designs ranging from super simple to downright ornate.
45. Nails Guide – Apply Various Nail Art Designs and Look Trendy If you’re too shaky to draw designs on your nails freestyle, look to this article for tips on apply stencils and pre-made designs to liven up a basic manicure.
46. The Nail Directory – Hand Painted Flower Nail Art If you’re experienced with nail art, try this complicated flower design that adds a whimsical look to your hands or feet when layered over a bright nail polish.
47. Joy Escape – Nail Art for Beginners Learn what techniques a beginner should try before moving on to more complex designs and the tools you need to make it all work seamlessly.
48. eHow – Making Marble Designs Nail Art Marbled nails are taking off. Learn how to perfect the technique (which is actually quite simple) with this how-to video.
49. eHow – Easy Nail Art Designs Get tips on how to make your nail design last and how to perfect shapes and proportions by using the right tools.
50. Nail Art Designs Get major inspiration for your own nail art designs from this site which features how-to tutorials, suggestions on polishes to use and how to embellish an already vibrant design with jewels or glitter.
Nail polish has become the choice weapon for expressing yourself through beauty. Wild colors can be swiped off with a one-time use felt swab soaked in nail polish remover before heading to the office on Monday morning and sparkling glitter polishes allow wallflowers to shine. Any technique you’re looking for, there’s a blog post or article to guide you and as with many things in life, practice makes perfect. Don’t be deterred by a polish job gone bad…you’ll get there, eventually.